Hi Lenz - thanks for your response.

Please define "not compatible". What exactly happens when you try to use
them? Is there an error? Which version of MySQL/Code Warrior do you use?

I am using the most up-to-date version of CodeWarrior, v8.3, and I have tried with several different versions of MySQL - 3.23.55, standard 4.0.9, and standard 4.0.10. CodeWarrior will not let me import the library files into my project. In the compiler's documentation I read that on Mac OS a library has a file type of 'MPLF' and a creator of 'CWIE'. The distributed libraries have no creator or file type, but this makes sense because they are not Mac OS files. If I manually munge the file's type and creator code to these values CodeWarrior will successfully import the file into the project, but compilation results in a "Illegal object file data" error. So I am assuming that there is some deeper level of incompatibility between the format of the library files and what CodeWarrior expects to use.

So what are my options? If nobody has a CodeWarrior version of the header files available, I am assuming I can attempt to compile one myself. I downloaded a 4.0.10 gamma distribution which appears to have all the necessary source code. I am a relative newbie to the world of unix-based programming - I've never even used the make utility before. Am I setting myself up for a world of pain?

thanks again for your help.
Ben