On 5 Mar 2003, at 19:39, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> Right, but sometimes it isn't, or you already used up that 'first'
> spot for a different foreign key reference in another table.

I think you're misunderstanding something.  In the subject line you
talk about the first index, and talking about using up the first spot
seems to go with that misconception.  The documentation you quote
says nothing about such a restriction, however.  It only says the key
must be the first *column* in *an* index, which makes sense
(otherwise the index wouldn't be useful for that key alone).

[Filter fodder: SQL]

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online