Dear Smith, Dave, Clark and Victoria:

Thanks for all of your reply as quick !

Because I am a neewbie on MYSQL, would you mind to teach me how to create a
user and data directory on mysql server ?

Below are the mysql directorys on my server, and I can't find the data
directory.  (Does it must be automatically create a data directory when I
installing the mysql program ???)

# pwd
/usr/local/mysql
# ls
bin         include     lib         man         share       var
doc         info        libexec     mysql-test  sql-bench
#

Please try to teach me to solve this problem !

Thanks again,

Kevin