sql,query,queries,smallint

At 10:56 -0500 3/7/03, Dan Geist wrote:
> I read the thread by R. Weiss, P. DuBios, and J. Zawodny regarding the
  incomplete implementation of replication over SSL. I had been fighting
  the same problem for about a week, thinking it was something I was doing
  wrong. Didn't think to look for un-implemented stubs...

  If I understand the process, the act of replication is a simple connect
  via a dedicated and persistent thread on the slave which which registers
  to listen for updates to particular dbs/tables and which is fed updates
  as they come in. Since the c-client and commandline SSL functions seem
  to be working just fine (after the inclusion of the CA-neuter-patch in
  4.0.12), why is replication implementation any different? Would it not
  be trivial to complete this section of the code so people don't have to
  use stunnel and native SSL on the same box?

It's always easy when someone else is doing the work. :-)

It's not necessarily so trivial.  Replication connections don't use the
same client library that regular client programs do.  It was not an easy
thing to get SSL integrated into the regular client library and working
properly; I would expect that might be true for replication connections
as well.

There's also the time issue, and you note below.  I have no authority to
speak on the matter of timetable, but if you want my best guess: don't
hold your breath.  Continue to tunnel.

  Perhaps there's a particular issue involved, or perhaps developers just
  don't have the time to dedicate to the feature. I'm just wondering so I
  can adjust my plans accordingly.

  Thanks.
  Dan
--
Dan Geist | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | (404)269-6822
Network Security Engineer | Cox Communications Inc.