At 03:51 2003-03-08, Henrik Leghissa wrote:
I'm about to compile MySQL (3.23.55) för Red Hat 7.2 that I begin with;
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

I get this error message after a while of machine-chewing;

checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for termcap functions library... configure: error: No curses/termcap library found

I know that termcap, ncurses and is on the system (I downloaded the rpm and tried to install/upgrade it, with the answer it is already on the system), and after doing this I wonder what can be wrong...

To add to my own post;

I tried to re-install termcap, ncurses and libtermcap by using rpm -ivh --force packet.rpm and tried to do the ./configure again - still no luck! :-(

I searched a bit online, thought a bit too (it's good yes) and downloaded libtermcap-devel*, installed it on the system and VOILÁ! ;-)

Sorry for taking up you guys time!!!

Cheers!

/ H