Hello All,

I am trying to develop a SQL statement to ultimately strip a field of everything buy numeric digits. Does anyone know how to do this or can anyone look at the below code and give direction if I am on the right track?

For example, let's say the contact_phone field has 2 records:
(555) 123-1234
123-4567 x16

I want a SQL statement that will return the 2 records like this:
5551231234
123456716

This is not proper syntax, but I would think it is close...
select replace(contact_phone, REGEXP "^[1234567890]",'') from individual;

I would really appreciate any help...

Thanks!

Chris Fowler