Hi

>  If you
> tunnel the port, you have to be sure to block access to that
> port from the outside, because outside connections to that
> port (on the tunneling
> client) will be tunneled too (under Linux anyway; I didn't
> try it elsewhere).
>
> That's potentially dangerous and not completely obvious
> side-effect of tunneling SSH ports.

"man ssh" says :

-g      Allows remote hosts to connect to local forwarded ports.

as long as you don't use the -g switch you should be perfectly save. not to
mention even more save when you protect your server with
iptables /firewall-script which everybody should do :-)

Another topic : i was NOT able to set up a slave over a ssh connection
although i specified 127.0.0.1 and port. "show slave status" said it
was running, but binarylog-position was not increasing. if i specify the
remote host it works without a flaw. Probably that is another hidden
feature?

yes, i tried localhost.localdomain as host for the replication. Errorlog was
empty and Logs showed slave running. any other suggestions ?

Sebastian

the listmanager is paranoid so i have to write these here:
sql,query,queries,smallint