Bob Ramsey schrieb:

m$office (office 2000 - win xp) can not handle the "time" correct.
openoffice (win-xp or redhat-phoebe3)  has no problems.

I believe that's a known problem with Microsoft products. They only appear to be able to handle datetime objects, not date or time. You might also look up the #DELETED# error on the web for similar problems.

Bob

PS. Cool. This message initially bounced back to me from the mysql list server because it didn't contain one of the following words: "sql,query,queries,smallin". "Your message cannot be posted because it appears to be either spam or simply off topic to our filter."

Now it should get through.

thanks Bob ;-)

date, datetime, timestamp   all are correct in msoffice
time  is correctly shown in msquery, but not in access,excel, ...

before posting i found a few "solutions"

"primarykey-autoincrement, myodbc 3.5x, ..."

nothing helps!

perhaps this one    http://microsoft.com/data/
from   http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/MyODBC_clients.html

no!