At 8:33 +1000 3/13/03, MySQL wrote:
Hi all, I am having a little UPDATE syntax issue. According to the manual

According to the manual, this won't work until MySQL 4.x

UPDATE EBA_USERS, IMPORT_USERS SET EBA_USERS.HUB_ID = IMPORT_USERS.HUB_ID, EBA_USERS.REP_LOCATION_ID = IMPORT_USERS.REP_LOCATION_ID, EBA_USERS.REP_FIRST_NAME = IMPORT_USERS.REP_FIRST_NAME, EBA_USERS.REP_LAST_NAME = IMPORT_USERS.REP_LAST_NAME, EBA_USERS.REP_DISABLED = IMPORT_USERS.REP_DISABLED WHERE EBA_USERS.REP_ID = IMPORT_USERS.REP_ID

should work (as I understand it ;-) but I get the error

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' IMPORT_USERS
SET EBA_USERS.HUB_ID = IIMPORT_USERS.HUB_ID, EBA_USERS.REP_LOCATION_ID =
IMPO' at line 1

I did note in the comments section at the bottom someone else with
same/similar problem, but have been unable to find a thread in the mail
archive.  My apologies if this has been dealt with already, or a workaround
suggested...

MySQL 3.23.51-nt on a Win2K box
MyODBC 3.51

Thanks