hi,

try these as flags:
CFLAGS="-D__USE_UNIX98 -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/pthread/lin
uxthreads"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -felide-constructors -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions"

and configure it with these options:
./configure --with-named-thread-libs='-DHAVE_GLIBC2_STYLE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R
-D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/pthread/linuxthreads -L/usr/local/lib -llthre
ad -llgcc_r'

of course alter those to match your paths etc
it should help

regards,
terry

SQL