I'm having a problem connecting to MySQL database using phpMyAdmin from
a remote location.  I've had a look at the manual but I'm not too clear
on what has to be done.  I see that the connection is through a socket.
Can I change this to connect using an ip connection? Reason I ask is
because the MySQL server actually sits behind a firewall (iptables
Forward rule) and I have the port 3306 opened and forwarding packets (at
least I think I do) to the SQL server. The following error is what I
get:

--Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/lib.inc.php3
on line 255

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in
/var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/lib.inc.php3 on line 255
Error

MySQL said: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Jon Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
MMT Networks Pty Ltd