You are mixing table and global grants together here.
Use separate grant commands.  I am too lazy to look
it up right now, but FILE is global.  I am not sure about
CREATE and DROP.

Aso, I believe that should be 'id'@'127.0.0.1'
not localhost.
localhost always connects to the pipe.
SSH connects to an IP socket.

DuSTiN KRySaK wrote:

Hi there, I am still having issues creating a user that can access a
database. The only time the user can access is if I SSH into my linux box
(redhat 8) and connect with:

# mysql -u id -p

It works fine when doing that, and I can create and do everything I need to do.

Now - I am trying to connect my database to coldfusion (create the data
source) and that is pretty straight forward. So the ONLY thing I can think
of is that I am fudging my user id's when I create them in mysql. SO.. I
just want to double check this syntax with all of you to make sure I created
the user in such a way that I can access mySQL from anyhostname, etc.

# mysql -u root -p

Mysql>    GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE,
       ->CREATE, DROP, ALTER, INDEX, FILE ON
       ->database.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       ->IDENTIFIED BY 'password';