At 10:58 -0500 3/17/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have an app running on Tomcat 4.0.6. The app access mySQL  Ver 11.18
Distrib 3.23.54, for sun-solaris2.9 (sparc)
on Solaris 9.

the app runs fine during the day, but when I come back to work in the
morning, I see that the database connection has died and  mySQL does not
respond anymore.

What needs to be done to make keep it alive ?

Thanks

First you should determine whether this is really a MySQL problem or a Tomcat problem. When Tomcat cannot access the MySQL server, is it that the server itself is unresponsive, or can other clients connect to it still. For example, if you attempt to connect with the mysql client, can you? Or does that fail as well?

-- Paul DuBois http://www.kitebird.com/ sql, query