Dear Friends

I am new in this list
I am using mysql on linux

My problem is about the backup of mysql database

We are having 50 Databases and each database is of
minimum of 300 MB in size and maximum of 2 G.B size

I am planning to take incremental backup of the
database
For that i am planning to use mysqldump,But i m bit
doughtful about the mysqldump because the size of the
database is very huge
I tried but it's taking a lot of time

So can anybody guide me regarding the mysql backup
policies?
or can anybody suggest me the url from where i can get
the information?

Thanx in advance