Hi,

    I am developing a mySql Backup software and I intend to develop two
different options for backup: Complete and Incremental, where Complete means
the full copy of a database, and Incremental means that only the log file
have to be copied. The logic is the follow:

Once a week, my customers will make a complete copy of their databases to a
DAT streamer or other media they can choose, and every day they will make an
incremental copy of their databases. In case of database damage, they will
be able to restore the full copy they had made and run the log file in their
hard disk. But, if the log file was not found, then the backed up log will
be used to restore the database as closed to its last state as it could be
restored.

The main problem I am experiencing is that mySql is not able to make
different log files for each database. This way I am obliged to copy all the
databases every time I start a backup, because if the user had to use the
restore option, only one single log will be executed, and it has the SQL
statements used in all the databases in my server.

I really would like that mySql had an option to make different log files for
each database. Is it possible to be developed for the mySql team? And how
long will it take you to come out this feature?

Thanks in advance,

P.S.: I intend to make this software and its source code available for free.
Then I expect you could download and enjoy it when it was ready.

sql,query
  ++  Dyego Souza do Carmo   ++           Dep. Desenvolvimento
                 E S C R I B A   I N F O R M A T I C A
The only stupid question is the unasked one (somewhere in Linux's HowTo)
Linux registred user : #230601
--                                        ICQ   : 221602060
$ look into "my eyes"                     Phone : +55 041 296-2311  r.112
look: cannot open my eyes                 Fax   : +55 041 296-6640