Tuomas Heroja wrote:

I have red hat 8.0, gcc-3.2-7, gcc-c++-3.2-7 and mysql++-1.7.9-3.rh8x.i386.rpm. When I use the command g++ -I/usr/include/sqlplus myfirstdatabaseprogram.cpp, I get several basic errors concerning the include file <sqlplus.hh>

Right now, MySQL++ isn't very well tuned for modern C++ environments
like g++ 3.x. The best thing to do is to download the source code,
apply the two GCC 3.x patches. You may also wish to search out my custom.pl patch on the MySQL++ mailing list or ask me to email it to you, because that kills a whole bunch of warnings when building custom-macros.hh with g++ 3.x. (I tried to post it to the list but the mailing list software rejects messages with attachments.)

With these patches applied, build and install the library. You'll get some warnings, but don't worry about them.

Next, when building code that uses the library, use the -Wno-deprecated
flag to suppress warnings about uses of old pre-Standard header names
and such.

With all of this in place, you shouldn't be getting any warnings any
more. If you do, send the compiler output to the list so that those
interested in fixing the problem have enough information to do so. The "deprecated C++" warnings will be fixed in 1.8.0, but that won't be out for a while yet.

You should send such messages to the MySQL++ mailing list, by the way.
It's a very low-volume list, so don't worry about subscribing to it.