At 15:14 +0100 3/20/03, Yasen Petrov wrote:
Hello,

when I try

mysql> select * from member;

it shows lots of records and the screen goes up quickly. Thus I can't see
the results very well because of the small screen (only 19" :):):) and I
wonder if there's a way to output the results into a .txt file.

why not be like:
mysql> use samp_db
mysql> select * from member > output_file.txt

Is there some way to work around this problem? Thanks a lot.

Yasen

You can run mysql with a --tee option to capture your output in a file as well as sending it to the screen.

C:\> mysql --tee=junk
mysql> use samp_db
mysql> select * from member;
mysql> quit
C:\> type junk

Under Unix (which I believe you are not using), you can also use a pager
to view the results page by page.  For example:

% mysql --pager=/bin/more

Long queries will be run through the paging program.

--
Paul DuBois
http://www.kitebird.com/