Gerald R. Jensen wrote:
> I just ran your query (create and both inserts), and it
> worked like a charm on a Win32 MySQL 3.23.52.
>
> Just out of curiousity, why are putting the \r in?

Gerald (and all who were interested),

I didn't put the \r in, actually...mysqldump did.  The solution to the
puzzle was that I was looking at the wrong line.  The reason I was
looking at the wrong line was that mysqldump puts funky New Line
characters into its output that Edit Plus (the text editor I use when I
need line-numbering) doesn't recognize.  For instance, this output:

> CREATE TABLE `tmphotelinfo` (
>   `OrgID` varchar(9) default NULL,
>   `MetroCode` char(3) default NULL,
>   `Name` varchar(100) default NULL,
>   `Address1` varchar(100) default NULL,
>   `Address2` varchar(100) default NULL,
>   `City` varchar(50) default NULL,
>   `State` varchar(10) default NULL,
>   `Zip` varchar(16) default NULL,
>   `Country` varchar(50) default NULL,
>   `Phone` varchar(24) default NULL,
>   `Fax` varchar(24) default NULL,
>   `CCs` varchar(32) default NULL,
>   KEY `OrgID` (`OrgID`)
> ) TYPE=MyISAM;

Was all on one line in Edit Plus.  So I replaced all the funky
characters with nothing (""), ran the batch file again, and this time I
found the Real line that had the problem which was yet another funky
character that had no business being there, so I deleted that, ran the
file again, and it gave me no further trouble.

Hopefully the lesson I learned will help somebody else someday
somewhere.  Thanks to all who contributed!

Tab

Mysql query