I've finally set up replication for one of the MySQL servers I
administer, and it seems to be working.  I'm puzzled, however, by
what I see in the general query log.

I'm using replicate-wild-do-table to restrict the replication to only
two of the databases on the master server (since I understand that
replicate-do-db doesn't allow for the possibility of updates
occurring in other than the current database).  But in the general
query log I see queries for a database that I'm not replicating,
which does not exist on the slave.  These queries don't seem to be
causing any errors, so maybe there's nothing wrong.  I'd expect them
to be filtered out before reaching the general query log, though, if
they're not going to be executed.

Is this a bug in logging, or am I misunderstanding something?
(The slave is running 4.0.10, and the master 4.0.4.)
--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online