I've managed to fix one problem with the MySQL and phpMyAdmin to only get a different
error message>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/lib.inc.php3 on line 255

Okay this line refers to the host, user and password, that should be (I'm guessing
here) in the config.inc.php3 file in the stduser area.
I've tried both with and without user info in this file and still I get the same error.
So my question is do I have to have a username and password in config.inc.php3 in
order for phpMyAdmin to work?
Also do I have to restart MySQL and Apache?
Since this is an internal system I have Apache ServerName set to 127.0.0.1, is this
okay?

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby