At 1:47 -0500 3/22/03, Serge Paquin wrote:
Hello,

    A few months ago I asked to have the ability to turn off autocommit at a
server level.  I was told by a mySQL rep that this would not be added to the
3.23 tree but would be added to the 4 tree.

    Well since 4 has been declared stable I have upgraded.  Now I am trying
to find out where I can set this option globally.  I've search the
documentation and archives and have come up with no answers.

Thanks,
Serge.

I don't believe this option has been added explicitly. You may be able to use the --init-file option and include a SET AUTOCOMMIT statement in the file.

--
Paul DuBois
http://www.kitebird.com/