On 24-Mar-2003 Stefan Toobe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> does anybody know how to use mysqlump with "big tables"?
>
> I´ve got a db with a few tables. One of that tables has > 100000 rows.
> Making a dump with mysqldump 3.23.54 causes following error:
>
> mysqldump: Got error: 1104: The SELECT would examine too many records
> and probably take a very long time. Check your WHERE and use SET OPTION
> SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 if the SELECT is ok when retrieving data from server
>
> the dumpfile is written and contains all tables except of that one "big
> table". The commandline I´m using is
>
> mysqldump --host=localhost --user=abc --password='xyz' DBNAME > dump.sql
>
> I tried several options like
>
> mysqldump [..] --set-variable SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 > dump.sql
> mysqldump [..] --set-variable='SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1' > dump.sql
> mysqldump [..] --set-variable='SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1' > dump.sql
> mysqldump [..] -O 'SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1' > dump.sql
> mysqldump [..] --set-variable SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 > dump.sql
> and others
>
> but nothing of that will write the complete dump. It seems to be very
> tricky. I cannot believe that mysqldump isnt able to dump big tables :-)
> Has anybody a hint? Thanks!!!

Check/Increase 'max_join_size'

mysql> show variables like '%join%';
+------------------+------------+
| Variable_name    | Value      |
| join_buffer_size | 8384512    |
| max_join_size    | 4294967295 |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Regards,
--
Don Read                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you are going to