I want to create a table of customers on a delivery route. I want to
include the order of delivery in the table. Creating a column with a
sequential id # would be very cumbersome because in the future some new
customers may subscribe -- and these new customers may need to be
inserted into the delivery order. Therefore a column with sequential id
#s would need to be shifted to make space for the new rows. Very
inelegant.

The only idea I can come up with is to create a "next customer" column
and use a programmng language to use that column to view the table as a
linked list. This is also not what I prefer.

I'm looking for a simple, mysql-only solution that can store the
delivery order in the table and that can be updated easily.

Any suggestions?

--
 Trevor Smith    |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]