Good Day MYSQL helpers,

On Redhat 8 we were running a FAQman software.  A few days ago, mysql was
not working, come to find out that the safe_mysql file was missing.

This is the error that we get even though we can start up the safe_mysql
» MySQL Error
There was an error connecting to the database.  Error Number: 2002 Error
Message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
We do see all the entries in the table (using phpmyadmin).. .just need to
relink .. I think.
Does anyone have a procedure to recover .. or maybe we are going about it
the wrong way.

Thanks for your time and talents

Make it a great day!

Jeff Hatala - Computing Resources - BCC