Hi,
        I am using MySQL 4.0 (with Embedded Server) on a Mac OS X
(Darwin) machine. I am using the C API of MySQL in my programs. I have a
few questions regarding this.

1) When I compile my programs with the g++  3.1 compiler, i get the
following warnings:

ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _qsort
/usr/local/lib/mysql//libmysqld.a(libmysys_mf_qsort.o) definition of
_qsort in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(qsort.So) definition of _qsort
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regcomp
/usr/local/lib/mysql//libmysqld.a(libregex_regcomp.o) definition of
_regcomp in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(regcomp.So) definition of _regcomp

I believe the files in the directory /usr/lib/ are not mysql files & i
don't want to delete them as well... Is there any solution for this???
I am not sure whether these warnings will cause any serious problems...

2) When I am using an Embedded Server, will i be able to connect to a
normal mysql server running on a different machine by specifying the
appropriate arguments in the mysql_real_connect() function?

3) I also have another question. The maximum size of a table in MySQL is
determined by the type of the machine. If the size of a table goes
beyond this limit, what will happen? (will MySQL take care of creating
another table and dumping the excess data into that or the sytem will
give an error message)

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me on these questions...
thanks,
Babu...