From: "C. Reeve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MySQL List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 1:47 AM
Subject: Help, Insert not working.

Can anyone explain why this isn't working? It will not input the info into
the database.

$db = mysql_connect($serverhost, $serveruser, $serverpass);
mysql_select_db($database_name);

The variables in the above two rows are correct - I can do selects and it
works fine.

This is the data to be inserted and they are there....

  echo "<BR>".$entered_email;
  echo "<BR>".$entered_passwd;
  echo "<BR>".$name;

Nothing happens.....

mysql_query ("INSERT INTO userdata (email, passwd, firstname, alias)

VALUES

('$entered_email','$entered_passwd','$name','Hello')");

TIA