On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 06:10:55PM +0100, Vidar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I know that you may set max binlog size with the max_binlog_size
> variable.  However, is it possible to control the size of the
> relay-bin logs on the slave servers as well?

I don't believe it's documented (yet?) but I seem to remember running
across it one.  I'll see if I can't dig it up again.

> Will the relay-bin logs be deleted automaticly by mysqld or are
> there a manuall procedure for doing this ?

Slaves will remove relay logs when they're not longer needed.  On a
healthy, nearly up-to-date slave, you probably won't have more than 2
relay logs--one begin read from and another written to.  But even that
shouldn't last for very long if the slave is nearly up-to-date.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.8: up 53 days, processed 1,824,340,757 queries (396/sec. avg)