Hi, I'm a newbie to MySQL, and I'm wondering whether there is any way to set validations on acceptable field values when using the 'create table()' etc. statements? I've performed a (most cursory) search of the documentation, but that didn't turn up anything useful. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Marc

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
~Charles Babbage