I am trying to do one of two things.

First I'd rather do this, but if not possible, then the other way that
I'll describe will suffice.

1) I need to have a default value of a column named "invoice_id" be this:
Column names of importance:
id    invoice_id

id is auto_increment and BIGINT unsigned.
invoice_id needs to be "gc"+ id

How can I have invoice_id have that as default? in other words if it's inserting data
into that table, and
it's the first record, then id would = 1. So I need invoice_id to be
gc1

Is that possible?

2) If 1 is not possible, then how can I get the value of id of the one I just
inserted? Is it possible to get that at the same
time as I insert it, so I can then UPDATE that invoice_id with the correct data?

If I need to clarify this, please by all means do let me know.

Thank you, kindly,
Richard