Thanks, Gerald. I appreciate the assist.

As for the docs: I know it's not a docs problem, really - yet if you
compare, say, the PHP docs with the MySQL docs, the PHP docs are much easier
to read and the examples are clearer than in the MySQL docs - IMHO. I think
it's unrealistic to expect anyone to be completely familiar with anything -
be it PHP, SQL, or Spanish - before consulting the documentation. I've
learned a great deal of PHP from the documentation alone. Unfortunately, I
don't get the same results from the MySQL documentation.

Cheers,
Bob