Charles Hauser wrote:

All,

I am having difficulty loading data into a DB using a perl script.Linux
RH8 box.

DB creation:

mysql -uroot -p  -e 'create database yeast'
mysql -uroot -p   -e 'grant all privileges on yeast.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
mysql -uroot -p   -e 'grant all privileges on yeast.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
mysql -uroot -p  -e 'grant file on *.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'

file is not a database level privilege.

mysql -uroot -p -e 'grant select on yeast.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'

$ bulk_load_gff.pl -d yeast -p xxxx -u me sample_data/yeast_data.gff This operation will delete all existing data in database yeast. Continue? y Loading feature data. You may see duplicate key warnings here... ERROR 1085 at line 1: The file '/usr/tmp/fdata.11959' must be in the database directory or be readable by all done... FAILURE: Please see standard error for details

I set permissions for /usr/tmp: chmod -R a+r /usr/tmp

$ ls -l /usr/
total 128
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           10 Jan 31 15:15 tmp ->
../var/tmp

$ ls -l /var drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 4096 Mar 30 13:57 tmp

All looks well to me. The script is known to run on other boxes. Any ideas???

Charles