Ben,

        I certainly can't speak for those organizations, but from our
point of
view MySQL v 4.x has just been declared stable.  This means that its now
time for us to run it internally for a few weeks and see if its going to
cause any new problems over the existing 3.2.x series AND test the
upgrade procedure since we aren't going to run double the number of
database servers ;p  This is quite a good bit of time and effort on the
part of staffs that are already under a great deal of pressure to do
more with less.  Again not authoritative for those specific org's but
these problems are close to universal in the space.

Scott Helms

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 12:00, Ben Edwards wrote:
> Anyone know why the two ISPs I use (www.pair.com, www.oneandone.co.uk)
are
> still using V3 and don't have any timescales for upgrading?
>
> Ben

> * Ben Edwards                              +44 (0)117 968 2602 *
> * Critical Site Builder    http://www.criticaldistribution.com *
> * online collaborative web authoring content management system *
> * Get alt news/views films online   http://www.cultureshop.org *
> * i-Contact Progressive Video      http://www.videonetwork.org *
> * Smashing the Corporate image       http://www.subvertise.org *
> * Bristol Indymedia               http://bristol.indymedia.org *
> * Bristol's radical news             http://www.bristle.org.uk *
> * PGP : F0CA 42B8 D56F 28AD 169B  49F3 3056 C6DB 8538 EEF8     *
>
> ----
>

> --

Scott Helms
Director of Technology