As John said, these are supposed to be upcoming features.

Take a look at the bottom portion of this page where it says "Upcoming
 Features".
http://www.mysql.com/products/mysql/index.html

The MySQL User's Conference next week is supposed to have a spot on
the future feature of Stored Procedures too:
http://www.mysql.com/events/uc2003/session.html#Session:MySQLStoredPro
cedures

Personally, I am drooling with anticipation for these additions.  :-)

Rob Mazur

** ORIGINAL MESSAGE FROM:John Griffin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>**
** ORIGINAL MESSAGE SENT:Tue Apr 01 07:39:38 **
** ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW **
re: Hi

PL/SQL is an Oracle proprietary language and can not be used. I know
that the good people at MySQL are planning to add a language to MySQL
but I do not think that there is a target release for this. Views
Functions and Procedures are also on the list of things to add to
MySQL but I do not think that there is a timeline for these things.

Adding anything to the execution path of an application a database
application for example will naturally make it slower. That said the
people at MySQL have been very good at maintaining and in some cases
improving the performance of the database so I would not worry about
new features slowing the database.

Hopefully someone from MySQL can also respond and give more
information than I have.