Hello,

I am having the following problem that I've been able to consistently
replicate:

I am using code written in Delphi with Zeos Database components and am
having a problem with a query returning "server connection error". I am
inserting a row into a table and then immediately selecting a row from a
table . This error occurs whether I select out of the table I inserted
the new row into or from any other table. After inserting 3700-3900
rows, the select will be unable to connect. For at least 10-30 seconds,
I cannot connect to MySQL, even with MySQL-Front (I get a "Can't connect
to server" error).  There are no errors being logged. After the 10-30
seconds passes, I can resume the program and it happens again after
3700-3900 rows.

This does not happen on Windows 2000, only Windows XP (both Home and
Pro). All connection are through Localhost.

My configuration file is:

[mysqld]

set-variable=key_buffer_size=18M

set-variable=myisam_sort_buffer_size=8M

set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=16M

Table type is MyISAM.

Machine is a P4-2.2Ghz with SCSI hard disks.

Can anyone please suggest what I might be able to do to resolve this
issue?

Thank you,

Dan Cumpian