On Wednesday 02 April 2003 19:32, Martin Gainty wrote:

> Attempting to run the makefile for test_libmysqld.c

Where does this file test_libmysqld.c come from? I'm working with the 4.0.12
distribution, there's nothing called that in the package I have.

> /cygdrive/g/mysql/test_libmysqld/test_libmysqld.c:41: undefined reference
> to `_m
> ysql_server_init'
> /cygdrive/g/DOCUME~1/mysql/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccocg8oR.o(.text+0xcf):/cygdrive/g
>/ mysq
> l/test_libmysqld/test_libmysqld.c:49: undefined reference to `_mysql_close'
>
> why am I getting unresolved references when I link to 4.0.12
> libmysqlclient.a???

There's no symbol with those names in libmysqlclient.a as far as I can tell:

# cd /opt/mysql-4.0.12/lib/mysql
# nm libmysqlclient.a | grep _mysql_close
#

No rows returned, so that's why the linker can't find it. (Same result for
_mysql_server_init.)

I did a find and grep across the whole source tree and find no references to
these functions, so I don't think they exist and whoever wrote
test_libmysqld.c forgot to write them. Or they live in a library that's local
to your site.

HTH

allen

Allen Grace ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Analyst Programmer
Peters Bookselling Services
120 Bromsgrove Street, Birmingham, B5 6RJ

This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you are not the intended above named addressee it
may be unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute or
otherwise use the information in this internet email.

Any views or personal opinions expressed within this
email may not be those of Peters Bookselling Services.