From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 8:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Suggestions for choosing GUI Language that has a MySQL DB
backend

Hi MySQL Listers,

I'm wondering if someone might provide some guidance about what
programming
language might best accomplish the following.

I have been asked to write an interactive GUI program that allows for
the
display of results from related queries.
For example, launching the application wil generate the first query,
which will
return a list of names of individuals.
Selecting a name triggers another query that returns demographic
information
about that person and a list of their interests.
Selecting an interest from the list triggers another query that returns
a list
of venues such as museums or restaurants where the person can explore
that
interest.
And selecting the venue triggers a query that returns information such
as
driving directions or food menu.

I have the MySQL database designed and tested, and the queries work as
intended.
Also, the load on mysqld will be limited, so performance is not a major
issue.
Unfortunately, my employer does not want a web-based solution, so PHP is
out.
And all the activity has to occur in various sections of a single
screen.

My apologies if I'm posting to the wrong list. But if someone has
accomplished
something similar to the above using a MySQL backend, I would appreciate
any
advice or direction that might be provided.

Thank you for reading this post.

David