Since no one responded to this message at all, I'm sending it again.

I have a support system set up where people can search for various things using a fulltext index. The problem that I am having, though, is that I cannot seem to figure out how to get search results for values like "10.2.4" or "6.0.4". This is with MySQL 4.0.12, with the minimum word length of 3 (so we can search for PHP, IIS, etc).

Here are some examples of how the search is being performed:

select id,topic from articles where match(topic,summary,description) against ('10.2.4');
(no results)

select id,topic from articles where match(topic,summary,description) against ('"10.2.4"' in boolean mode);
(no results)

select id,topic from articles where topic like '%10.2.4%' or summary like '%10.2.4%' or description like '%10.2.4%';
(3 rows found)

I don't really want to do the last search because it's the slowest, and searching the most data un-indexed.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

Adam.

Adam Randall                                      http://www.xaren.net/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                   http://nt.xaren.net/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                    AIM/iChat:  blitz574

"Macintosh users are a special case. They care passionately about the
Mac OS and would rewire their own bodies to run on Mac OS X if such a
thing were possible." -- Peter H. Lewis