This is a follow-up mac os X installation problem:  I mentioned in an earlier
e-mail that var/ and run/ are nowhere to be found, so I did as Jim Dickenson
suggested and mv'd data to var.  now when I run "./bin/mysqld_safe &", I get an
error that says /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysql is missing (because there is no
libexec directory.  So I edited the mysqld_safe script to look in bin instead of
libexec.  But it gives methe same error as before when I read the .err log file:

"Can't start server : Bind on unix socket: No such file or directory
> 030605 10:59:08  Do you already have another mysqld server running on socket:
> /usr/local/mysql/run/mysql_socket ?
> 030605 10:59:08  Aborting"

-Gerald (Jay) Jones