From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 8:55 AM
Subject: 2 different Mysql DB on the same server

Hi to all,
I need to have on the same PC (that is the Server) 2 different mysql DBs;
I need it because I need some data on the standard mysql dir (for example
...\mysql\data\) and some data on a different dir.

I installed mysql simply installing phpdev423; therefore I found out
automatically
the DB data on a precise dir (...\phpdev423\mysql\data); when I created
a new database automatically the data were put inside the dir
...\phpdev423\mysql\data\"name_new_database"\.
Now I have to create a new DB on a totally different dir (and different
HD on the same PC): how can I do it? is there a .ini or .cnf file were I
can specify the path? And moreover, can I specified 2 different paths
because
I need 2 different DBs on 2 different dir?

Thak You in Advance for any suggestion
Fausto