FYI
I got is working in the end on Solaris, I had to rebuild it

        patched configure so it picked OpenSSL up from /usr/sfw
        configured with --with-openssl

secure connections then worked okay

thanks again
paul

Paul Cunningham (At Home) wrote:
Gareth,

Thanks

It looks as though my build is not picking up the OpenSSL stuff so
HAVE_OPENSSL is not getting defined :-(

can't see why at the moment though as OpenSSL is installed in
"--with-openssl=/usr/sfw"

Paul

Gareth Davis wrote:

I've just done a similar thing. Are you sure that you are running the
mysql client that you have just compiled.

I used the following build options
CFLAGS="-O3" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O3 -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions
\
      -fno-rtti" ./configure \
     --enable-assembler \
     --enable-local-infile \
           --with-mysqld-user=mysql \
           --with-unix-socket-path=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock \
           --prefix=/ \
     --with-extra-charsets=complex \
           --exec-prefix=/usr \
           --libexecdir=/usr/sbin \
           --sysconfdir=/etc \
           --datadir=/usr/share \
           --localstatedir=/var/lib/mysql \
           --infodir=/usr/share \
           --includedir=/usr/include \
           --mandir=/usr \
     --with-embedded-server \
     --enable-thread-safe-client \
     --with-vio \
     --with-openssl ;
I nicked this out of the RPM build spec and added the last two options.

Gareth.