At 10:34 +1000 6/7/03, Murray Wells wrote:
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been done to death previously, but would it be
sensible to indicate in the MySQL documentation that the Perl
mysqlhotcopy script only appears to work on the Linux platform? (Or,
more accurately, doesn't work on the WinXP platform, I have no idea
about other platforms)

Done.

At least, so it appears when attempting to get it to work on WinXP using ActiveState Perl 5.8. It appears the "getpwuid" function is unsupported in the Win32 implementation.

Alternatively, if there's a known work-around, I'd love to hear about
it, and maybe that should go into the documentation instead?

Much warmth,

Murray
http://www.planetthoughtful.org
Building a thoughtful planet,