At 17:51 27/5/2003 +0200, Vico Timmermans wrote:
Hi,

Hi list,
I have a question about replication in MySQL.
I have mysql 4.0.12 (master and slave) on windows 2000.

Can I make master and slave on the same computer?

Yes.

Assuming that you want the master on drive C and the slave on
drive D, the lines begin # are my comments:

# set the service for master:

mysqld-max-nt --install

           or
  mysqld-max-nt --install-manual

# the commands above installs a service called MySQL

# set the service for slave

mysqld-nt --install myslave

          or
  mysqld-nt --install-manual myslave

# the commands above installs a service called myslave

now using the same \winnt\my.ini file

[mysqld]
basedir=c:/mysql
datadir=c:/mysql/data
port=3306

[myslave]
#notice that the server group is the same of the service name
basedir=c:/mysql
datadir=d:/mysql/data
port=3307

#follow the complementary instructions how to set a master and a
#slave locating the set keys for master under [mysqld] and the
#set keys for the slave under [myslave].

#Run and stop the services using the name mysql for master and
#myslave for the slave.

If I have the master on disk c, and the slave on disk d:
1) When do I put the my.ini file of the slave?
2) How can I stop and start the slave server? If I run the command NET STOP
Mysql it stop the server on disk c..

-- Regards,

For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/
Are you MySQL certified?, http://www.mysql.com/certification/
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Miguel Angel Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   Săo Paulo - Brazil
       <___/   www.mysql.com