Quick, simple question for the masses I'm sure.

I've been having trouble assigning a property to a SELECT statement which
pulls an IP from a table, then redirecting the users browser to that value
stored in rstemp.

<% dim rstemp %>
<% rstemp = MyConn.execute("SELECT group.hostip FROM test.group, test.user
WHERE user.groupid = group.groupid AND user.username=' " & currentUser & " '
")
%>

response.Redirect(rstemp) 'returns Type Mismatch
response.Write(rstemp) 'returns default property not found

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Reuben