1) Are your users connected temporarely (disconnecing after a certain time) or
do you stay connected until the server crashes ;-)

2) Check your processlist and see if your max_user_connections or
max_connections (depending on your client) is reached.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003年 5月 29日 木曜日 04:[EMAIL PROTECTED] さんは書きました:
> I have a system that when I start mysqld, it works fine for a while
> (anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours) and then stops taking connections.  I
> get the Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket ... however, the
> socket is still there.
>
> What's even weirder, is that any processes that are still connected,
> continue to work fine.
>
> The MySQL server installed is 3.23.56 binary for AIX 5.1 Standard
> downloaded off of a mysql.com mirror.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem or why it might be
> happening?

Valentin Nils
Internet Technology

 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]