On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 11:45:44AM +0200, Kristian Halm wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm going to setup a mySQL database that has to be accessed from Asia
> and Europe. Due to the huge distance I plan to duplicate the database
> and store one copy both in Europe and Asia. To achive data consistency
> both databases has to synchronize each other. Because of the long
> distance a disconnect for several hours is possible (worst case).
>
> Is database replication an adequate solution for synchronizing the
> databases or is there maybe a better way? How does mySQL replication
> handle disconnects in respect to the synchronization?

If you're either (1) not using auto-increment columns, or (2) you've
partitioned the data so that Asia only updates Asia's data, you should
be fine with using a dual-master setup.

MySQL doesn't care if the connection dies.  It'll happily reconnect
and continue replicating.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.8: up 114 days, processed 3,575,036,244 queries (360/sec. avg)