Can anyone advise how we should improve this method of updating our database.

We have a Music chart it is a table with 3 columns

Chart Number  (ie,  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10..)
Artist  (Artists Name)
Title (Title of Song)

Each week we login using mysql control center to make changes to the chart positions

The problems is this is currently a very time consuming manual job changing the 'Chart
Number' Column

1
2
3
4
5
etc.

If for example we move song number 5 up to number 1,  we then have to manually change
the
' Chart Number'  of all the ones below it,  i.e. changing the old number 1 to a number
2,
number 2 to a number 3, number 4 to a number 5 etc.

Ideally we need to keep using mysqlcc because it is very simple to use, but it is very
time consuming.

Any suggestions?