I've not been at this MySQL stuff too long, so bear with me..
(4.0.13 running on Windows XP/Apache).

Most of my work has been in Windows, and almost always with a GUI, so that
when presented with the instruction to 'run mysql_fix_privilege_tables'
script, I am totally clueless as to how to go about it!

Tried going to a command box, getting to the c:\mysql\bin directory, type
mysql, get mysql fired up, but I can't figure out (and yes, I have read
the (mainly *nix oriented) manual without success) how to get a script in
the \scripts sub-dir to run. Everything I try, in my ignorance, ends with
a 'SQL query error' or similar.

Help, please, I'm not used to this command-line stuff!

Terry Riley