Hi all, I just recently figured out a style of SQL book (or on-line info) that
would greatly help me. I have been reading a book entitled "Design Patterns
in Object Oriented Programming", and realized that analogous info probably
exists for database design.

So, im looking for literature on SQL design patterns. Such a book would
basically entail examining a variety of (seemingly different) situations
where a good design (normalized, etc) of the SQL tables follow certian
patterns. Then, that pattern can be generalized and re-used for other related
situations. Having a catalogue of many of the most often encountered patterns
would allow for quicker design of SQL schema.

I have found that many books about database design merely:
        1) discuss the merits of data normalization
        2) list the standard normalization schemes, with a few examples

But certianly, many people have already worked through many of the problems i
have and will encounter, and it seems silly that everyone will need to
re-invent many of these wheels.

Yes, i know that through actually working on these problems many times, i will
gain a greater understanding, but by learning already known (to others)
information, i should be able to gain that same understanding faster, and be
more productive.

So, if anyone could point me at such a book, or online tutorials, that would
be great.

Thanks much,
sean peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]