Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to transform the following query
using LIKE & OR into a query using IN, where the IN ( list) contains wildcard
expressions.

initial query:
SELECT ID FROM address WHERE Street_Name LIKE "first%" OR Street_Name LIKE
"second%"

desired format would be something along the lines of:
SELECT ID FROM address WHERE Street_Name IN ("first%", "second%")

As written, the second query always returns 0 rows, so the wildcards are NOT
being used. (the first query returns many results)

I dont think this is possible, i've tried many syntax variations.

Could someone confirm my suspicions, or prove me wrong.

thanks,
sean peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]