On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 06:49:42AM -0700, Admin wrote:
> Is there any way to do a hexadecimal search via MySQL?  I've found that the
> data I uploaded from text files has some end-of-line characters in it, and
> its causing my data to break in mid-line when spitting out a text file.
> Would be cool to search the table for offending characters if possible.

Yes, you specify hexadecimal strings that you can then use with the
various string functions, including the string comparison functions:

  http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Hexadecimal_values.html
  http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/String_functions.html
  http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/String_comparison_functions.html

You could replace all CRLF sequences with spaces in a particular field
with a query like:

  UPDATE mytable SET mytext=REPLACE(mytext, 0x0D0A, ' ');

Hope that helps.

Jim Winstead
MySQL AB